Please note this post may include affiliate links. For more information, read my disclosure policy here.
I don’t have a lot of TIME to create these days. And I’m guessing you don’t either. I know, I know, I’m a craft blogger so I’m supposed to be making things all the time, right? But the truth is, even though I love to work on creative projects, life is busy. I’ll make things for this blog but struggle to get past the idea stage for myself. Case in point: I bought yarn last October for a scarf that is still only half-way finished. I wish I could say that it is because it is a complicated pattern but the truth is, I keep forgetting about it. And let’s not even talk about my daughter’s photo book. She is a year younger in photo album years.
Do you relate?
- You want to make things but the days seem too short.
- When you do have time, you usually procrastinate and find some random organization project to do.
- You wait until the end of the day to work on your projects and then find you’re too tired.
You’re a creative person who has a lot of ideas of projects you want to make, skills you want to learn, and techniques you want to try. But you don’t have the time. I hear you.
So what’s a creative to do?
Well, I thought it would be fun to create a challenge where we set aside 20 minutes a day for the next 30 days to work on our projects. Any creative project will do. I’m going to be working on that scarf, the photo album, and the illustrations for my upcoming creative retreat workbook. (I need variety just in case I get bored with one project. :)) I’m going to be starting my #2030make challenge on June 1st. Want to join me? (p.s. Yes, this challenge was for June BUT you can join any time. Many of us took the challenge and decided to keep up the habit of taking 20 minutes a day (or as much as possible) to keep the creative projects going.)
Do you think that we could possibly start and finish some things this month?!
Maybe . . .
- You have an eBook you’ve been wanting to write,
- An art journal that needs some love,
- Some fabric and a pattern that are still waiting to be transformed,
- Or . . . a myriad of other projects!
30 Day Creative Challenge (#2030make)
A challenge is a fun idea but it is even more fun if you have printable worksheets, right?Sign up and you’ll receive:
- A fun mini workbook where you can brainstorm your goals, write out your reward, mark off each day on a calendar, and color in a piece of the sun after each day’s creating time,
- An encouraging email each week of the challenge to help you to keep going; these are packed with more information and freebies!
- And community when you use the hashtag, #2030make on Twitter and Instagram. You’ll be able to see everyone’s projects to inspire you to keep it up.
Workbook + Encouragement + Community = Awesome! (Right?!)
Honestly, life is too short to not create things. Would you like to join me? Click the button below to sign up, and you’ll receive a welcome email and a mini-workbook to get you started.
By the way, if you’re not sure what you would work on during #2030make, visit my Crafts & DIYs | To Make board on Pinterest. Most of the crafts I pin to that board are easy to make and would be perfect for this challenge.
20 minutes. 30 days. What will you make?
Let’s do this!
P.S. This challenge has been going strong for over a year now, so I updated the workbook and emails, and created a cute video. :)
P.P.S. Taking 20 minutes a day to create is one of the ways you can give yourself a retreat. No, really! I share how you can make this a reality as well as how to create a longer retreat in my new paperback workbook below.
20 minutes, 30 days, what will you make?
Sign up for the #2030make challenge and receive a free workbook + encouragement.